Re: Winter mini

To: RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Winter mini
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 14:32:01 -0800 (PST)
I drive my Morris pick-up year round, we get plenty of cold but fortunately not
that much snow, and I do drive a rusted out Chevy in the snow.

       Steve    60 Sprite        67 Morris pick-up          71 Midget       72
Chevy pick-up

  Robert Duquette <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca> wrote:

Hi guys and gals!

On Friday I walked past some guy in a Mini. I asked him how it handled the
snow, and he said the it was a light car and it slid around alot in the
greasy weather that we had then. Then he gave a big smile and said "It's an
adventure!". Judging by the front grill, I would guess that he has seen his
share of mishaps into snowbanks.

My decrepid old station wagon dropped it's 250k engine last weekend and I
have had the pleasure of driving an Echo and a Focus as rental cars. This
left me wanting to be be driving a smaller car around town. The wagon is
fixed. You can get replacement engines for those, too. My gas bill went
down considerably for that time period, and I did have a blast in the snow.
Anyone have a good reason why I shouldn't consider a Mini as a "winter car
about town"?

Robert Duquette
Ottawa ON Canada
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette