Re: Was LBC Related Questions idle band width wasting

To: "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>, "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Was LBC Related Questions idle band width wasting
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 14:55:13 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f18Mop215829
> >But can someone explain why a Healey owner trailered his car to a local
> >show about 20 miles from where he lived?

    I can tell you why I do.  I drive my 53 Singer the 250 or so miles to
the  Monterey Brit car meet at a nice leisurely pace up Highway 1 but I
trailer the 70 miles to the Los Angeles Brit car meet.  Maybe if I had a
big Healey I would not do that, but my Singer is about the same size as a
Sprite with a flimsy wood frame underneath the very flimsy aluminum
body.  Why trailer it? because it is no fun on the LA freeways with this
small underpowered car and it was no fun when I was in High School with my
Sprite then either.  I took my Sprite all the way to Canada from S. Calif
but LA Freeways? forget  it.   I do it this way when I try to figure out if
I am trailering or driving, is the road a nice scenic curvy road or a
straight boring probably congested freeway.  If its the first, I am driving
and loving it.  If its the second, I am putting a good CD in the truck,
getting comfortable and trailering the thing.

   For me it has nothing to do with keeping my car concours since it never
was, its a combination of safety, comfort and although I have not seriously
broken down in a very long time it is also a little bit of reliability.

         mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/