Tech question for owners of 1500's

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Tech question for owners of 1500's
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 19:17:10 -0500
Hello All,

   I need someone with a 1500 to tell me where a certain part goes.

I beleive it is some sort of resistor that connects to the coil but I am
not sure and can not find it in the wiring diagrams, but it came off of a
79 Midget 1500.

It is cylinder shaped, about 1" to 1 1/2" long, by about 3/4" in diameter.
It is blue plastic coated with a black wire coming out of the top that has
a female blade connector,(hence I think it connects to the coil).On the
other end it is connected to a U-shaped bracket, that would slide under a
nut or bolt to hold it down.

written on the side of it is:  TYPE SV
                               1uF
                               150V.DC.WKG

on the opposite side is:  DUBILIER
                          BRITISH PATENTS

Any help would be appreciated.  And if it does connect to the coil, which
side does it connect to?  Positive or negative?

Thanks in Advance,
Travis G. Elliott

1979 Midget 1500
Original Owner, 1st car