Re: Tech question for owners of 1500's

To: Dan Dwelley <maine2me@yahoo.com>, froggi@cdsnet.net
Subject: Re: Tech question for owners of 1500's
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 22:17:34 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
At 06:30 PM 2/12/01 -0800, Dan Dwelley wrote:
>I'm not aware of ANY capacitors on the 1500 Midget. At
>least, there are NONE on mine.
>Speaking of coils...I just went through issues with
>mine... Do you have a ballast resistor on your coil or
>have an internal ballast resisted coil?
>
>By the way...throw that capacitor in the DPO parts
>box.
>:o))
>
>Dan

First of all, thanks to all who responded.  It is good to know that it
isn't really needed, except possibly for radio noise.

As far as the DPO parts box goes, I AM the DPO ;-)  I have owned the car
since it came from the British Leyland dealer in Wilmington NC.

Thanks again,
Travis G. Elliott

1979 Midget 1500
Original Owner, 1st car