Re: Differential Exchange - Techie Question, Bandwasters can Ignore <G>

To: "rob thomas" <rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net>
Subject: Re: Differential Exchange - Techie Question, Bandwasters can Ignore <G>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 11:15:25
Cc: <midgetsprite@egroups.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
At 16:43 11/02/01 -0000, rob thomas wrote:
SNIP %-<
>Presumably that means that there are some combinations where
>you would get no filler plug at all !!!!

BTDT. It's not a big problem, 'least it wasn't for me! I got the machine
shop at work to open out a nut to the same thread as the filler plug, and
also to make it about half height. Out then with the 1/2" drill bit, and
made sure the position of the hole in the diff backplate was correct. It's
mild steel, so no difficulty there. Then I welded all around the nut, without
any problems. Of course, the axle was on the bench, with the pumkin out.

BTW, the drain plug on the Datsun tranny is the same thread as the BMC
axle filler/drain plugs, or vice versa, if you wish!

Regards,

Ron in Ireland.
'59 Sprite "Oggibip"