Re: Archives (Long)

To: michael.graziano@csfb.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Archives (Long)
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:56:18 EST
In a message dated 2/13/01 12:53:55 PM, michael.graziano@csfb.com writes:

<<All,

I can't seem to access the archives past September 2000, as in for Oct00
through present.  Any ideas what's going on?  Or is it me?

Mike>>

I dunno , Mike, I didn't have any trouble retrieving this 8/99 classic from
Frank:

You people have GOT to read this message.
It was forwarded to my son's VW list.
This also proves once again that our list and our listers are the Worlds
Best!

Caution, there is a bit of foul language in the following message from
the Volvo list. The ending gets real good.

> Mr. Kris:  The word you are looking for is WASTEgate, not westgate.
> That's not just a spelling error, Kris--that's laziness.  Laziness
> builds bad
> cars.

> intercooler
> hoses,which
> before
> cranking up
> > >
> Wellnow.  Aren't we suddenly the expert on leaks!  Don't you think
> two
> weeks is an awfulgoshdarn short time in which to become so
> experienced in
> fixing leaks you were complaining about not being able to fix?

> now
> > >
> You don't need to remind us of that!  We *remember* your
> "tinkering"...with
> old pistons in a new motor...with several inexplicably-broken oil
> pumps...with nonworking door latches...

> putting
> > >
> Gee whiz! What a surprise! Do you think those worn-out pistons in
> those
> worn-out (or freshly-bored) cylinders could be letting all your boost
> into
> the crankcase, causing all the oil leaks and smoking you've been
> bitching
> about lately?
> ...naaaaaaaaaah.

> That, Kris, was not a sentence, although this time you spelled
> "wastegate" correctly.  So what is it with you?  Do you have
> intermittent
> incompetence that kicks in and out like a faulty overdrive?  Or are
> you maybe
> just
> having a big joke on us all by pretending to be an imbecile and
> watching
> those of us who are charitable towards people with problems waste our
> time with you?

> normal
> > >
> We know that already!

> Oh...not the self-realization it seemed to be...

> about
> pressure
> boost
> That
> netted me
> > >
> So you're saying that several wrong settings gave you several wrong
> boost pressures.  And your point would be...?

> max
> > >
> BECAUSE THE PISTONS ARE WORN DOWN TO BLOODY STUMPS, YOU THUNDERING
> MORON!

> Yes, you should be blowing off hoses.  I imagine you'd do very well
> at
> blowing off hoses, considering all the blowing-off practice you
> obviously
> got during what was supposed to be your education.

> No, Kris, we cannot--As we say here in Texas, I'll bet you couldn't
> pour piss
> out of a boot with
> instructions on the heel.  And do you know why that is so?  It's
> because
> you're
> [...]

Rick