these little cars are contagious!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: these little cars are contagious!
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 23:34:59 -0000
my friend todd has been helping me trailer my bugeye all over to shows for
years.   he has the fever!  he is thinking of buying a bugeye piece by piece
as he can afford it and assembling the car after he has all the major
components.  he feels that the complete cars are too expensive.  and figures
he will have to disassemble it and rebuild it any way!   but the thing i'm
trying to really share here is he loves my car.  the shape, the feel and
sound(he has driven it at speed already) and being a muscle car guy (has a
1972 olds cutlass 442 convertible) thinks the bugeye is a very nimble and
reasonably fast car.   so how many people have we(owners) affected by our
infectious love of our lbc's?   honestly he has even asked rather shyly, if
i were to pass away could he have my bugeye?  he would be the person i would
probably most want to posess my car, as i know he would take care of it like
i do.   now just think of all the kids, neighbors, folks at car shows and
races that have seen these little cars and went away thinking "one day i
might like to have one of those cars".
you are all ambassadors of this hobby / sickness(you choose where you fit
in).   know it or not, you are all affecting someone somewhere evry outing
you make.
 but i do believe in keeping my cars!  i had a 40 chevy coupe i had to move
5 times in a year from friends yard to yard untill i had a garage to convert
it from a barn relic to a street rod.  i'd still have that car if it were
not for the ex-wife syndrome!

chuck.
but i still have my bugeye!  27 years and counting!.............c.
:)