RE: Sweet Sound

To: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Sweet Sound
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 18:08:07 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hooray for Mike and his son!

Paul A

FROM:   Mike Maclean, INTERNET:macleans at earthlink.net
TO:     Spridgets, INTERNET:spridgets@autox.team.net
DATE:   2/19/01 5:44 PM

Re:     Sweet Sound

Took the Bugeye out for trial runs yesterday to check out the
adjustments I made to the carbs.  Got them dialed in pretty good now and
the car does not miss a beat.  The sound is beautiful.  Now I remember
why these are so much fun.  Just putting around my housing tract because
we are on private streets and I have not registered the car yet.  The
only problem is, they put in TALL speed bumps a couple years after I
moved in here.  I thought it was a good thing because there are children
everywhere, but it's a pain in the a** when your test driving a Bugeye.
I have not had it in 4th gear yet.  Not enough room between the speed
bumps.  I guess I'll have to break down and get some insurance (what
kind?) so I can take it out on the road next.
     While I was driving around the tract an 17 or 18 year old kid saw
me and yelled, "Neat car!"  I never got that in my wife's $57,000
Mercedes or my big Ford pickup.   A ten year old friend of my son's came
over to the car because my 10 year old son was co-pilot yesterday.  He
asked, "Did you make this car?"  It sure doesn't look like anything
that's on the road these days and kids gravitate to it.  Life is good.
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite