Double flares

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Double flares
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 11:18:00 -0800
Cc: <morris@autox.team.net>
While restoring/rebuilding the back end of my wife's Morris, I noticed a
pinched off brake line and decided to replace all the brake lines.  AH HA!
The perfect excuse to buy a double flare tool I can use on the bugeye as
well.  Surprise surprise, the Morris rear brake pipes are all single flares.
I imagine that when I get up to the master cylinder and front brakes I will
find the same single flares.
While I'm thrilled to get a new tool and balme it on the wife's car, I'm
wondering why double flares on the bugeye(a '59) and single on the
Morris(also a '59)?  Also, the bugeye is all SAE while the Morris is all
Wentworth.  Must be a 'notch' year for British cars.  Oh well, back to the
paintbrush and phosphoric acid.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye