Re: Clean K & N Air Filters?

To: NewNGsInfo@cs.com
Subject: Re: Clean K & N Air Filters?
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 11:43:08 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
John,

K&N filters can be cleaned in hot, soapy water; you needn't use "special" filter
cleaning chemicals.  Allow to dry thoroughly then coat with "filter" oil.  Two
types of oil are available: foam & gauze.  K&N's are made of cotton gauze.

Filter oil is different than other oils.... thick, sticky, gas resistant and
high
flash point.

WFO Herb
Keep the sticky side down!