Rotary & Synthetic Oil

To: Ron Soave** <soavero@yahoo.com>, Spridgeteers <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rotary & Synthetic Oil
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 20:53:34 -0800
Hey Ron,

"... Don't use synths in a production Mazda rotary engine.  It's not
compatible with oil injection systems."

Since my Son and I are involved with TII's (including a Mk III Sprite
w/full RX7 running gear), would I be correct to say the reasoning behind
this statement might be that synthetic oils don't "burn" the same as
petroleum based oils?  And that they (synths) perhaps form a deposit
when they are burned???

Though not doing so now, we do intend on using synthetic oil in the near
future.... but keeping the oil injection system separate and apart from
the engine oil system.

OR... do synthetic oils mess up seals themselves in rotary engines?!?

Herb