Lurker needs Help Starting Midget!!

To: Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lurker needs Help Starting Midget!!
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 15:56:52 -0800
Hey Folks,  I bought a 77 midget about a year ago and have been working
on it slowly... It was in pieces, lots of boxes.. most not labeled. It
cam with dual H2's Anyway I've painted the car and dropped motor back
in, put dizzy in(that was in box,not electronic)..  but not all pieces
were there so I bought a 77 dizzy (used) then tried to start.. but no
spark... bought a new coil. still no spark... so then I bought a NEW
(NOS) CEI.put that in..now spark..to the plugs.. but no starting, I
figured maybe I've put the dizzy in wrong.. but have check #1 BTDC at 10
degrees.(I tried 2degrees ATDC)  still not firing... I need help.. what
should I be checking next...? I don't really want to replace anything
else..I'm quite frustrated...
Any suggestions would be appreciated... Thanks Ken

Ken Will
77 Midget
Merritt, B.C.
Canada