Re: Thanks

To: "Elliott, Patrick" <patrick.elliott@attws.com>, <mgraziano@mindspring.com>, "Ed Alderman" <ealderman@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Thanks
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 17:39:08 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Good thing I don't go by "Ed" - except for some of my old college buddies
who insisted on calling me that. And one roommate who called me "Mr. Ed"
since I sometimes make a kind of horsey sound when I get exasperated.
Actually didn't mind that - it was my first choice for a custom plate, but
already take.

We do have a similar problem in my family, though. My dad, my son, and I are
all Eddie (actually Edwin) so nobody is really sure how to indicate who they
are talking to when we're all together. Not a big problem yet since my son
is only 1 1/2 years old, but it will get interesting. My dad and I were
always "Big Eddie" and "Little Eddie". My sister and cousins just call me
"Little". I suggested they could start calling me "Middle". :-)

My son is actually picking up weird nicknames though. My wife and I call him
"Little Dude", but we often turn that into "Doody". My 3 year old daughter
tries to call him "Brother" but she has some speech problems and it comes
out "B-O". Hmmmm. "Doody" or "B-O" - maybe we should just call him "Little
Stinker"!

Unless you're from NC, you could be "Ed in AA" - AA being wherever you're
from. We already have an "Ed in NC"

Or maybe you could be "Mr. Ed". Or "Edd". We could have "Ed, Edd, and Eddie"
(OK so the cartoon is "Eddy")

Eddie (NOT Ed)
1971 Midget