Re: Midget Seats

To: bugeye15@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Midget Seats
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 14:57:15 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I would think that Miata seats will fit in a Bugeye.  In fact, there is
probably more width.  I don't know this for a fact, but as the cars got
newer, they usually gained thicker doors because of prettier door panels, and
more insulation under the carpet, etc.

Measure the interior of your car and take a measuring stick to the boneyard.
There may be other small cars with seats to fit.  (Yugo, Simca, Renault,
Borgward, Fiat, Morris, Nash Metro, etc.)  You just have to be creative with
the seat rails.  Worst case is you mount a sheet of 3/4" plywood to the
bottom of the new seat and use the rails from your old seats.

As they say, "Replacing seats is easy.  Reading Klingon, now that's
difficult."

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget