SU Carb. needle info and CHARTS!

To: froggi@cdsnet.net, Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: SU Carb. needle info and CHARTS!
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 04:06:27 EST
Cc: chuckc@attglobal.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Dan, All,

OK, I have done my homework.  I determined that the twin HIF 44's were doing
fine on the 1380 at lower speeds, but were too lean on top at speed.  In
addition, when I open the holes in the stub stacks, it gets WAY too lean.  I
had jets "BEJ" in them.  I have switched to "BDG".  These have a decided
increase in taper about midway (towards the high flow).  I have partially
blocked the stub stack "bypass holes" and am sneeking up on the mixture
settings.

The SU Carb. Charts are up on my site for all to read about mixture dynamics
and compare needle specs. (below)

John Carey
http://ourworld.cs.com/JCareyPage/JCareyPage.htm