Re: It just ain't fair!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: It just ain't fair!
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2001 18:03:11 -0800
     Well, if they are handing out "Dumb Bozo" prizes, I should take top
honors.  I pulled the ignition switch out of the instrument panel this
morning to test it on the VOM.  Boy, you have to be double jointed for
that.  After an hour, it came out.  It tested fine.  I checked for open
circuits on the voltage regulator, all O.K. there too.  I went over my
buddie's house and got 4 old screw connector voltage regulators.  He
said, "try these, remember they are made by Lucas, none of them may
work".  I swapped one out when I got home.  It made no difference.  Now
I started to suspect the coil, but I sat in the driver's seat (with
wires hanging out of the dash) busting my brain looking at the wiring
diagram and it dawn's on me, there's no power past the ignition switch.
Gerard mentioned it last night.  I checked the connection of the brown
wire that powers the ignition switch.  It was loose!  I tightened it up,
everything normal.  Duhhhhhhhh!!!!
     Sometimes it's right in front of your face.  I tried to make it
more complicated than it was.  Maybe I should have a little more faith
in my restoration.
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite