Re: brake lines

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: brake lines
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 18:45:08 -0600
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Centuries ago, when I worked as a hydraulics mechanic, we tested our repairs
on lift equipment (floor jacks, bottle jacks, rams, etc)  by placing them in
a test stand and seeing if the equipment could generate and hold 10,000 psi.
I've never really been interested in knowing what the rated burst pressure
of copper is, but I'm thinking it is below 10,000 psi. I wouldn't feel
comfortable using it. I've also seen how abrasion-resistant copper is ( Not
Very), and that alone is reason enough not to use it.

as they say,
just my 2 cents, or pence, or whatever.

New Guy