Driving school? was Re: Fw: First Day Over, a little LBC

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Driving school? was Re: Fw: First Day Over, a little LBC
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 18:55:04 -0800 (PST)
Guys, my kids are still years away from driving, but
I'm gonna do what a buddy of mine did - he sent his
daughter to Skip Barber car control school the weekend
after she got her license.  If I didn't see it with my
own eyes, I wouldn't even repeat this, but I saw her
beat a Mustang GT in a slalom with an AMC station
wagon (if you don't think driving skill means a lot
more than horsepower, you never saw Flounder toss the
Red Rat Bastard Sprite around the track).  She has
never had an accident or a ticket in 6 years, and
claims she doesn't speed excessively because she
learned to respect what a car can and can't do in
driving school.  My buddy figures he made up the
school price in speeding tickets, insurance increases
and body work that never happened.

=====
Ron Soave
"Driver Carries No Cash"