Re: SMOG-the two fittings in the boot

To: "David McCartney" <yup1275@pacbell.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SMOG-the two fittings in the boot
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 08:57:26 -0500
Don't block them off!
They are the breather pipes for your elec. fuel pump.
The 'points' that switch the pump are vented by one,
and the other is the vent for air behind the diaphragm.

If it were leaking gas , liquid would be coming out
of one of them if  the diaphragm were damaged.
It's probably either the vapor separator, up inside the right fender
or it's pipes, or the top of your gas tank is rotted away,
allowing the vapors to rise into the trunk.

Paul Tegler     ptegler@gouldfo.com    www.teglerizer.com