By-pass hose fix

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: By-pass hose fix
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 06:57:23 -0800
Hi All,

Got a new one that I can't keep to myself.  I learned something today, I
know mark the calendar throw the parade, my dad is probably saying it's
about time.  I checked the bypass hose while I had the engine out and it
was toast.  Now my engine is still fairly new, under three years since I
overhauled it.  It was ready to break,  so Check them hoses, it is not a
hose you want to replace along the side of the road.

On to what I learned.  There is a new material out there for heater
hoses.  Silicone hoses are used on the big trucks.  My mechanic friend
told me about it, and it will outlast me is what I have been told.  It
is rather expensive, $5 for 6", but if it never goes bad then well worth
the purchase price. I'm trying this now on Puddles and I know it is
before I have tested the product,  I won't be around long enough to wait
that long.  It needs a special clamp with a inner band and is available
from Napa Auto.

Cheers

Rick

BTW Puddles now has a rebuilt 5-speed sett'n in the bay,  Not quite
ready to drive but with any luck will be on the road this weekend.