Re: Paint work.

To: "Toby Atwater" <tob.sprite.landcruiser@home.com>
Subject: Re: Paint work.
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 12:02:30 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi Toby

I purchased a Devilbiss OMX hvlp gun about three years ago. It does
everything you want and is very light. It uses a plastic bag liner that
allows you to paint upside down. You turn the gun upside down and all the
air is drawn out then the paint will flow, sort of like a baby's bottle that
uses a liner.
Great for rocker panels. It also has two triggers so when you are reaching
across the roof or hood you don't have to twist your wrist at a funny angle.
Eastwood has them for around 350.00 US, I paid 400.00 at the autobody supply
where I purchase my paints.
I'm really happy with it.

I always use PPG  because there are simply too many products out there to
try. I've become familiar with their lineup and characteristics so I stick
with them.
Generally I start with epoxy primer DP-40, followed by K36 primer surfacer,
finished with Concept Urethane. Can be water sanded and buffed for that
extra shine, or to remove the dust particles! You will need a air supplied
respirator however.
If you stick with acrylic enamel, (the DAR line) you can use a conventional
respirator. Not as shiny but quite durable if you use the hardener.
A good autobody supply should have data sheets on all their products. If you
call PPG they will even send you their whole product catalog. I don't have
the number right now, but their web site should have it.
Let me know if I can help.

Good luck,
John

68 Sprite