Re: Oil Cap and Vent Tube

To: <DLancer7676@cs.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Cap and Vent Tube
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 08:34:18 -0500
David,

On my Weber there is a fitting on the bottom plate to attach to the vent
tube. Put a PCV valve in and you should be good to go. On the other hand the
K&N filter has to place for that fitting. I think that if you use a not vent
pipe rocker cover then you should use a vented cap.

Larry

On 3/18/01 8:11 AM, "DLancer7676@cs.com" <DLancer7676@cs.com> wrote:

> Oh--Another queston:
>
> My  1979 1500 engine is completely detoxed--no pollution equipment on the
> engine at all.
> Should I be running the stock valve cover with the vent tube, which emits oil
> on everthing in its wake, or should this tube be sealed shut, since the
> pollution equipment is no more?  And should I be running a vented or
> non-vented cap Valve cover cap?

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.