floors

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: floors
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 11:18:43 -0500
This is an unrelated question to the other body panel questions as it refers
to a different car.

I need someone's expertise to help me think something through.  I looked at
a car that needs floors.  The inner sills seem solid.  There is some rust in
other spots, but nothing that should prevent me from getting the safety
inspection ( other than the floors ).  How expensive a job is it to get new
floors welded in.  I'm not doing it myself.  The carpeting and seats would
have to be removed, right?  The rear suspension needs to be removed?  The
gas line should be removed?  Does anyone have a WAG at the time that it
should take a welder?  What did I miss?  What other parts do I need besides
floors.  Some would say the cross-member, right?

I've got spring fever and need an lbc to drive soon.

Robert Duquette
Ottawa ON Canada
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette
RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca