Re: Further To No Power (GMC Pickup) Longish

To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re: Further To No Power (GMC Pickup) Longish
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 09:51:08 -0800
Cc: mgraziano@mindspring.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
This happens frequently if the person taking the vehicle in is female. Women (in
the opinion of some men) are not supposed to come equiped with brains. Many
years
ago, I took my 76 Datsun to the dealer for a major tuneup. When it came home, it
still didn't run for $%^&. I took it back the next day and they again had it for
8 hours. Day 3 I took it back again, and the service non-manager assured me that
his mechanic had had it on the machine and that everything was absolutely
correct. Day 4 I went back and was told by the same service manager that I
needed, at the very least, to have my carburetor rebuilt, and probably a new
carburetor.  My reply was not very ladylike. I completely blew it. "You ignorant
%^&! You've had my car for 3 ^&*$ing days and you haven't even noticed that it
doesn't HAVE a carburetor? I want my money back NOW!!! 3 other customers left
when I did, taking there cars with them. When I got to my office, I raised the
hood and found a split 1/4" wide on the coil wire boot, and every other plug
wire
arcing like Mt. St. Helens. Anyone who had tried to time the thing would have
been knocked through the wall.
Kate

> I have a friend who had similar symptoms in a Chebbie truck.  She was trying
> to trade it in and they told her it had a bent connecting rod and wasn't
> worth much because it needed a new engine.
>
> I replaced the plugs and plug wires and it ran fine after that.  She traded
> it in at a different dealer.

///