Re: New panels

To: RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New panels
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 12:18:40 EST
In a message dated 3/18/2001 11:06:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca writes:

<< What is the proper order of things?
 1. sills
 2. a-posts
 3. kick panels
 4. floors

 Would the rear fenders be first or last ( or where )? >>

Robert:

On the '67 I am working on, I did the kick panels, then the sills--the
finished kick panels gave me a good backing for the sills, and the finished
sills gave me a solid backing to which to attach the floorboards, which came
next.  Then the a-posts.  Remember to take measurements of your door openings
and to brace them by either welding a bar across the opening or wedging a
spacer in the door opening.  They will intend to close up a mite without
bracing.

I am now working on the rear fenders, inner and outer--I figure since they
are not structrual in nature they should be last, and will finish with the
right a-post, which only needs the lower 4-5 inches.   Then the little bits,
like a piece with a captured nut to weld into the crossbar for the steering
rack to bolt to, a tear in the trunk floor, etc.  Seems I will die with this
project ongoing, but it IS slowly ongoing.   LOL

--David C.

///