Re: Super rare part!!!

To: chuckc@attglobal.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Super rare part!!!
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 06:05:08 EST
In a message dated 3/19/2001 9:40:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
chuckc@attglobal.net writes:

<< Sorry I don't get this. I did not realize that bugeyes HAD boot lids
 with hinges. All the ones I've seen have had access only from behind the
 seats. The rear deck has been solid. When did they change? >>

I bought a 1500 tranny off a guy who was working on a bugeye.  He was proud
to show  me how he had cut a boot opening in the bugeye body and how he had
made and welded in the channels.  It really looked great--like it had been
factory-made.  I think if I were a bugeye guy bringing one back from body
shell I would consider doing this--simply because it would make the boot
space more available and convenient.  I know, I know--it wouldn't be
concours, but I am not a concours guy anyway.  And it really looked like it
belonged there.

--David C.

///