Re: The Amazing Jerking Midget - tree

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The Amazing Jerking Midget - tree
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 12:24:50 -0500
It's too long a story, ... but in a nutshell, about a month prior to the
tree incident, I had written off the car in a wee hours of the morning roll
over a somewhat steep embankment, landing upside down.

The insurance wrote off the car; I bought it back, safetied it, and I had to
get an appraisal before they would insure it for damage.  I didn't have the
body done, nor did I have an appraisal.  I had replaced the windshield,
tires, brake lines and other parts to make it roadworthy.

I kept the car for about a year.  It was still mechanically sound, but I was
financially ruined and unable to get the body up to roadworthyness again.
There was a $3300 estimate to fix it and I had bought the car the year
before for $3900.  I sold the car to 'Mostly British'  ( same person now
operates 'The Sports Car Factory' ) and they cut it up, used it for
fiberglass molds, and who knows what.

Were you driving the S de V at the time?

Robert D.