Clutch Question

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch Question
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 22:21:17 -0500 FILETIME=[D30068D0:01C0B5A3]
Hi Folks,
Looks to me like the "release lever" for the clutch has gone the way of all
things.

Is this possible?  It looks quite solid in the Haynes manual.

When disconnected from the slave cylinder, it is just hanging in the breeze
and I can move it back and fro with no resistance and with a tinny, clinking
noise coming from within the clutch.

This is a 1275 Midget so I'm assuming it has a 1275 cluch.  The earlier
clutches (948 and 1098) look like they have less substantial levers, though
I'm just looking at the diagrams in the book.  Never seen one in real life -
hope I don't have to.

I've removed the boot (dust cover) to try and see what's going on but it's
dark in there man.

Have these things broke before?

What do you think?

Many Thanks,   Adrian<br clear=all><hr>Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer

///