voltagre regulator

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: voltagre regulator
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 17:20:19 EST
My old Ford has an external voltage regulator to control the alternator. I
just replaced it and got to wondering if something like this could be used on
a Spridget. I wonder if older generator equipped cars had solid state
external regulators? Wouldn't it be nice if an old Ford solid state reg would
swap for the mechanical one in the Spridget?  Yes, I know putting in an
alternator would be the answer also but swapping regulators seems easier. Any
thoughts out there?------------------------------Bob Chamberlain

///