Re: Power Plants

To: HealeyRic2@aol.com, froggi@cdsnet.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Power Plants
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 15:36:05 -0800
My '67 Sprite may have the original engine (based on the lack of attention
to everything else by previous owners), BUT the little tag on the block is
missing.  Is there any other way of identifying the specific motor?  I know
that motors for some makes of vehicle have a partial type/serial number
stamped in an out-of-the-way location.

Clay L.

At 05:01 PM 3/26/01 -0500, HealeyRic2@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 3/25/01 10:15:48 PM, froggi@cdsnet.net writes:
>
><<My Fellow Spridgeteers,
>
>How many of you still have the original engine your car came with,
>either in the car or off to the side due to an upgrade?
>
>I'm especially curious about my fellow Bugeye owners what with our
>anemic 948's.
> >>

>I still have my original 948.  It's been bored out to 998cc, has a 1098 head,
>1 1/4" SUs, 88G-229 cam; cooper dizzy, dual timing chain, flat-top pistons,
>LCB, but otherwise it's dead stock ;-)
>
>Rick

///