Re: Power Plants

To: Robert Duquette <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: Power Plants
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 21:03:16 -0800
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Horler does an excellent job of identifying both car and engine production dates
by serial numbers.  From what I've gleaned thus far from those responding to my
question, the serial numbers of both (engine & car) are "fairly" close.  Key
word
being "fairly".

The difference between car and engine numbers, so far, range from 286 to 842.
My
car being the 286; I've owned it since '76 (sans brain fade).

Herb

Robert Duquette wrote:

> I don't know how you would guarantee identifying the original engine, even
> if there was a little tag on it, but ... you could start narrowing it down
> if you have Horler's book or some other source of info.
>
> I'm talking out of my hat here, but I think that most '67s would have a thin
> flange block until Dec manufacture?  Beginning in November manufacture for
> the US had emission control heads.  A lighter green engine paint would be
> from November '67.  ... and so on.
>
> Robert D.

///