Re: FW: Original AN number

To: Jurgen de Haan <jdh@elscolab.nl>, "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: FW: Original AN number
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:54:23 -0800
Jurgen,

Do you have a number on the engine, just above the number one spark plug
and next to the joint where the cylinder head meets the block? If it is the
original engine, that number can be traced. Do you have any number plates
by the door hinges? The one on the right side can be traced. If you are
missing all of these, there is a number stamped on top of the footwell
above the master cylinder cover plate. This number is not traceable, but
will only give you a general idea as to year, but you already know the
year. There were at least 3 places where numbers were hand written in
yellow crayon. One is under the bonnet, the second is on the jump seat
panel behind the seats and the third is on the back of the dashboard. This
number will be the CHASSIS number. If they haven't been painted over or
deteriorated over time, you can do a trace through BMIHT using this number.
You can also have your chassis plate reproduced if you wish too.

For more information on the British Motor industry Heritage trust and how
to do a trace, see my web page.
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/GarageContent/BMIHTinfo.htm

Let me know what you find in your search.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/fourpoints