Re: Won Engine on Ebay!

To: <DLancer7676@cs.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Won Engine on Ebay!
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 08:56:40 -0400
Wow David looks like a good deal.

FWIW I have the original 23 y/o mechanical fuel pump running on mine. Never
had a problem (now, just because I said that, it will fail) so there is not
a great reason not to use the mechanical, nor a great reason to go to the
electric. My suggestion, use the mechanical, but keep the electric close,
REAL close.

Larry

On 4/5/01 8:54 PM, "DLancer7676@cs.com" <DLancer7676@cs.com> wrote:

> Looks like I will be able to reconstruct my Midget!  I just won a 1500 engine
> on Ebay for $200.
<SNIP>

> One question:  I noted the engine (from its pic) has the mechanical fuel pump
> in place. I am using an electric after market pump (one of those square ones
> from Moss) which performs flawlessly.  Any good reason to retain the current
> electric one over the mechanical, or vice versa?
>
> --David C

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.