Re: Cross Country Tour

To: kate & gary <kgb@clipper.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cross Country Tour
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 12:52:46 -0400
Got family in the Pen in Rawlins?? Just can't imagine another reason to stop
in Rawlins. Although the Medicine Bow area east of there is beautiful. If
you are on I-80 betwixt Laramie and Cheyenne, stop in Veda Voux (sp??). Very
cool rock formations. And there is a statue of Lincoln up there as well.
Why?? I have no idea, he was long gone before Wy became a state.

Good thing you are going in May. The stretch of I-80 between Rawlins and
Cheyenne is known as the Snow Chi Minh Trail. That kinda dates the
construction. The locals told the Feds to not put the highway there. They
didn't listen. Now it gets closed every winter.

As for the rest of the drive. Pretty blah. Branson is kinda neat. Last time
I was there the streets were very narrow and very heavily traveled. (Read
stop and go, mostly stop).

Have a blast, too bad you ain't getting to PA. I'd make ya dinner.

Larry

At this exact moment in time 4/10/01 12:35 AM, "kate & gary"
<kgb@clipper.net> made the profound statement:

> Hi Listers,
> Gary & I are in the final stages of planning our little jaunt from
> Drain, Oregon to Slidell, Louisiana. We will be leaving early the
> morning of May 4, and plan to stop the first night in Rawlins, Wyoming.
> We will leave Rawlins the next morning, and go through pertty much all
> of Nebraska, turning south at Lincoln
<big ol snip>
> Any "must see" places
> we should stop at? Any areas that we should avoid at all cost?
> Kate

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Administrator/Manager