RE: racing fuel

To: "Jacques Le Clainche" <jleclainche@home.com>
Subject: RE: racing fuel
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 14:16:36 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
At 01:08 PM 4/21/01 -0700, Jacques Le Clainche wrote:
>The compression ratio is 13:1. That's why my engine needs high octane fuel.
>As Ron says though, this engine may very well not need as high as 115 octane
>fuel.
>
>I have just bought five gallons of VP C12 (108 octane) to try- the local
>shop charged me $5.75 per gallon. I can buy the Turbo Blue fuel at $4.95 a
>gallon- that's what is in the Sprite now...

I usually burn whatever 108 or 110 octane I can find, with no problems.
Lately it's been mostly VP, but last time I bought some F&L from Race Ready
Products down in Chula Vista, for more than $1 less per gallon than they
were charging for the VP. It worked just fine.
--
Rick Snover
'59 Speedwell Sprite (VARA FP #17)

///