A Re-Born Bugeye

To: "Spridgets (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: A Re-Born Bugeye
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 20:06:22 -0700
"BLOODSHOT" lives!   Thanks to Frank and Alan, "Bloodshot's" engine and
new
5 speed tranny came to life this morning April 21, 2001, at
approximately
10:15 am EST in my garage.  With the touch of a wire the 1275 came to
life
with an abundance of energy and the re-birth was completed.

Congratulations, Mike! I had a similar feeling when I thought I had
permanently destroyed my new engine after a hard drive. I limped home
with my manifold blown off at about 20 mph. A Spridget running straight
pipe sounds like a whole squadron of jet planes when you are sneaking
through several small towns at 3:00 AM. I was lucky. My mechanic agreed
to fix it at a reasonable price, if I would supply the parts, and let
him fit her into his schedule. It turned out to be just badly out of
time, but he went completely through it, just in case. Put in a new
ribcase & clutch at the same time. I had been nursing a REAL tired
gearbox for about 5 years. I got a super deal on the ribcase, or I would
have gotten the 5 speed. Even though it was pouring down rain the day I
drove her home, it was a wonderful trip!!!
Kate

///