Fwd: Fw: Gasoline Prices

To: Mac6617@aol.com, Llywlyn@aol.com, BlugrasHal@aol.com, tchiles@apex.net, Kjmenck@aol.com, Legends5@aol.com, KrisFunk@aol.com, Corningal@aol.com, Daveflysit@aol.com, CSMITH5553@aol.com, jtres@uswest.net, Papiowag@home.com, GMadson606@aol.com, pkhfurman@hotmail.com, strick.papio@juno.com, r-crick@home.com, turtle871@hotmail.com, gbfolchi@yahoo.com, healeys@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net, gmerry1@airmail.net, bugeye@radiks.net, IrishDonO@aol.com, terri_obrien@unomaha.edu, blpt@erols.com, superfliege@hotmail.com, troy.walling@ubspainewebber.com, alice-1@juno.com, gerylisa@email.msn.com
Subject: Fwd: Fw: Gasoline Prices
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 16:59:57 EDT
From "Chris Heckeroth" <heckeroth at hotmail.com>
To: "yancey" <yancey@alaweb.com>, "thresa yancey" <yance001@yahoo.com>,
  <RVKen@aol.com>, "Liz & Billy Hodges" <billiz3974@msn.com>, "Keith
  Carlson" <carlson3@home.net>, <John_Heckeroth@tivoli.com>, "Heckeroth,
  David" <David.Heckeroth@ca.com>, "Grant Williams"
  <grant.williams1@home.com>, <FMDGLD@aol.com>, <BANJOJOHN@aol.com>,
  <drray@scholars.bellevue.edu>
Subject: Fw: Gasoline Prices
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 19:35:09 -0500
  FILETIME=[C8CEF400:01C0D10D]

I am passing this along with the hope that enough people will actually
get together and beat these giant, greedy, oil companies!

THE FOLLOWING WAS SENT BY AN ECONOMIST WITHIN THE FUEL INDUSTRY.
ANOTHER ECONOMICS PROFESSOR AT CAL REITERATED THE SAME LAST
WEEK.  I THINK IT IS WORTH TRYING.

I got this from a reliable source & the website listed is legit. We heard
today from a
man who is very savvy about the economy, namely, Clark Howard, and he says
that
the gas prices are going to start going up again and will be high this
summer-$3 and
up. We need to do whatever we can,and do it NOW!!!!

Gasoline Prices

This makes more sense than the don't buy gas on a certain day routine that
was
going around last year Gasoline Prices! Whoever started this has a good point.
By now, you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.49 is cheap. Me
too,
 as it is now $1.58 for regular unleaded!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think
that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at less than $1.50, we need to try
an
aggressive response. With the price of gasoline going up more each day,
we consumers need to take ACTION!

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we don't buy
it. But, (as the gas companies know full well, and are counting on), that's
not
really a practical option since we all have come to rely on our cars. But we
CAN
 have an impact on gas prices if we all act together.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, don't purchase gasoline from the
two
 biggest companies (which now are one), namely EXXON and MOBIL.

You see, if they are not selling, they should be inclined, (i.e.,"forced"), to
reduce
their prices. And, because of their size, and hence market share, if they
reduce
their prices the other companies will too.

(They would HAVE no choice!). Isn't that a "juicy" prospect? But to have an
impact,
 we need to reach literally millions of users. But it's doable!

I am sending this note to 42 people. If each of you send it to at least 10
more ...and
 those 10 send it to at least 10 more and so on, by the time the message
reaches
 the sixth iteration, we will have reached over one million consumers.

Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please
pass
this message on, or one you compose, to at least 10 more E-mail addresses.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO BELOW
$1.28 - $1.29 AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK!

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention

///