Re: Fwd: Fw: Gasoline Prices

To: BANJOJOHN@aol.com, Mac6617@aol.com, Llywlyn@aol.com, BlugrasHal@aol.com, tchiles@apex.net, Kjmenck@aol.com, Legends5@aol.com, KrisFunk@aol.com, Corningal@aol.com, Daveflysit@aol.com, CSMITH5553@aol.com, jtres@uswest.net, Papiowag@home.com, GMadson606@aol.com, pkhfurman@hotmail.com, strick.papio@juno.com, r-crick@home.com, turtle871@hotmail.com, gbfolchi@yahoo.com, healeys@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net, gmerry1@airmail.net, bugeye@radiks.net, IrishDonO@aol.com, terri_obrien@unomaha.edu, blpt@erols.com, superfliege@hotmail.com, troy.walling@ubspainewebber.com, alice-1@juno.com, gerylisa@email.msn.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: Fw: Gasoline Prices
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 14:21:12 -0700 (PDT)
I can't stand to see this email anymore - if this came
from an economist, he never studied supply/demand
curves.  If supply increases or demand decreases
across the entire commodity, the price will drop.  If
everyone carpooled one day a week - that will drop
consumption (increase supply, decrease demand) by 20%.

--- BANJOJOHN@aol.com wrote:
> THE FOLLOWING WAS SENT BY AN ECONOMIST WITHIN THE
> FUEL INDUSTRY.
> ANOTHER ECONOMICS PROFESSOR AT CAL REITERATED THE
> SAME LAST
> WEEK.  I THINK IT IS WORTH TRYING.

=====
Ron Soave

"Why do I try when it seems hopeless?  Well, 100% of the shots-on-goal I never
took didn't score."
- Wayne Gretzky
http://auctions.yahoo.com/

///