Compression

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Compression
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 22:35:04 -0400
Well, my first compression test was done last Saturday morning

I did 2 dry tests with the engine warmed up, air filters off, throttle tied
open and all plugs out.
Then I did 1 wet test.

dry:
    4        3        2       1
  180   182   145   170
  182   185   142   175
wet
  225   235   197   210

The engine is a ported 1293 ( .020 over ) with Cooper S pistons.  It was
parked for 3 years.

Tell me all you know.

To me this hints of rings or head gasket ( remember that I am quite ignorant
about these things ).

What I don't understand is why the smoke only comes during a particular part
of the warm up and is accompanied by a rattle and then goes away???

Robert Duquette
Ottawa ON Canada
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette
RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca
'65 RHD BRG AH Sprite
'67 RHD red MG Midget < aka: Miss Marple

///