Re: engine upgrades??

To: cshelden <shelden3@pldi.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: engine upgrades??
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 22:44:53 -0700 (PDT)
--- cshelden <shelden3@pldi.net> wrote:> I'm
rebuilding my 1275 on my 71 midget.  What would
> be the best performance
> for the dollar investment for this engine

Seriously, the best investment would be buying Dan
Stapleton's and/or David Vizard's books to help you
decide. They give you options backed up with dyno
results.  I got a big improvement from a cheap cam,
286 copy for $68, and a Weber 45 DCOE for considerably
more $$.  But there are always compromises - my intake
is a Cannon manifold and is not the best (in fact it
may be the worst. I suspect the full-radius intake
stacks on my DCOE maybe brought the intake up to
acceptable levels; still need a decent intake
manifold, though), and the exhaust header is stock.

=====
Ron Soave

"Why do I try when it seems hopeless?  Well, 100% of the shots-on-goal I never
took didn't score."
- Wayne Gretzky
http://auctions.yahoo.com/