Re: engine upgrades??

To: "cshelden" <shelden3@pldi.net>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: engine upgrades??
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 21:22:22 +0100
From Ron Soave <soavero at yahoo.com>
To: cshelden <shelden3@pldi.net>; <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: 05 May 2001 06:44

> --- cshelden <shelden3@pldi.net> wrote:> I'm
> rebuilding my 1275 on my 71 midget.  What would
> > be the best performance
> > for the dollar investment for this engine

Since the mundane Metro 1275 left the factory with considerably more power
than even the UK spec Midget, going with a complete MG Metro setup MUST be
about the cheapest.  MG Metro cam, head (bigger valves), manifold and HIF44
carb and then an early Metro dizzy ought to cost less than $100US plus
postage.  Of course, the postage is about 3 times as much!!! : )))))

IF BMC/BL/Rover fitted it....there must be a good reason.  Cheaper or better
are the only possible reasons for production changes.
"Bang for the bucks?"