LBC Mother Lode Report, kinda long

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: LBC Mother Lode Report, kinda long
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 21:52:15 -0500
Hey all,
 Went to see the '73 B tonight. When I got there the door was open, so I
went in thinking someone must be around. You absolutely wouldn't believe
this place! I bet there isn't any other place in the world where you can see
an XK 140 MC roadster next to a rough chain drive Mack truck chassis. There
are 10 or 12 MGA's and 5 or 6 MGB's in racks along the walls in all
conditions. How about a restored '36 Bentley dhc sitting next to an old
Cadillac limo street rod? Or a Triumph rumble seat roadster next to a '62
T-Bird? Beautiful black TD next to a RB MGB parts car, tons of motors of all
kinds and parts laying all over the floor, stacked on cars, some just piled
up, rolling chassis of all kinds, and on and on....
 It's a dirty old radiator shop full of the most interesting stuff I've seen
in a long time. I walked around looking at cars for an hour when it occured
to me there wasn't anyone there. I finally found the office behind an old
(20's?) Nash roadster. The guy has 45 MGA's in other buildings, he told me.
Anyway, he's got 4 MGB's for sale, an MGA, a restored TC that I didn't get
to see, the XK 140, and a bunch of other stuff, mostly American. I've got to
Packard that was in the way wouldn't start. The B's were packed in so tight
I couldn't get a good look at them. Man, what a place!
                                 Jim K.