Re: Should have used The Club...

To: egnorant@flash.net, DLancer7676@cs.com
Subject: Re: Should have used The Club...
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 06:50:12 EDT
Cc: macleans@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/13/2001 3:50:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
egnorant@flash.net writes:

> As thieves get more innovative they can steal anything.

In the frame of thief-proofing (getting to be more and more an oxymoron?) our
Spridgets, I once saw a tech article somewhere that showed how (very simple)
to install an in-cockpit switch to disengage the fuel pump.  This would be
effective with any attempt to steal the car by starting it, but not the tow
truck snatch and grab.  The switch was a simple toggle switch and was mounted
in an out of sight place.  Just flip the fuel pump off by flipping the switch
every time you park.  Only problem would be not to call the tow truck when
you try to start the car after forgetting to re-engage your fuel pump.  8^)

--David C.