Re: Wheels??

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wheels??
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 14:45:31 -0400
Wheel, I have found out I can get my chrome wheels rechromed, problem is it
costs $375 each for Midget wheels. And a 3-4 month wait. The salesperson
told me me it was an easy decision ;-)

But I have run across a conundrum. There are Dayton and Dunlop Wire Wheels.
I think the Dunlops are made in India and the Daytons here in the US. I know
Daniel suggested 5" wheels, but all I can find are 4.5"ers. The Daytons have
stainless steel spokes, while I believe that the Dunlops have chromed
spokes.

Any thoughts on which is better?? I think the Daytons.

I have not ruled out the Minilites, just still gathering more info for a
better informed decision.

Larry

PS thanks to all the replies so far. But I have wire wheel hubs and the bolt
ons are not really an option at this time.

At this exact moment in time 5/15/01 3:53 PM, "Larry Macy"
<macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu> made the profound statement:

> I am thinking on looking for some new wheels for my Midget.

> Suggestions, Rational and Irrational Thoughts, Unwanted Opinions, and
> cleverly disguised sarcastic comebacks are all welcome and will be dealt
> with appropriately.
>
> Thanks
>
> Larry

Larry Macy