Carlisle

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Carlisle
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 17:39:22 -0700 (PDT)
Hello List,

Finally getting my car running and attending an event
with other list members was enjoyable. I got to meet a
lot of list members and put faces with names. It was
pretty nerve racking driving there on friday, not
knowing what to expect from the car. It basically did
alright except for jumping out of second gear when
letting off of the gas, and having to be extremely
careful with my very low ride height. I think I might
be looking into some oval exhaust tubing. My round
tubing will be oval soon any way.

For the transmission, I picked up a 2nd gear syncro
ring and gasket set and plan on embarking on a new
adventure in a week or so. I am going to try to patch
the tranny up for the remainder of the summer and do a
datsun 5 speed conversion this winter.

I also ran across a 649 cam that I am going to install
when the tranny is out. I am anxious to start some
autocrossing.

Best regards,

John Holliday
67 F production Street Sprite