Re: Carlisle

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: Re: Carlisle
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 07:37:21 -0400
Cc: Ray <rsides@delury.com>, "Spridget (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
LOL!  So true...

I once had the Midget parked at a local auto parts place (picking up
parts for the boring car), and it was sitting next to a jacked-up
pick-m-up truck with oversize "Gumbo Mudders".  Fit the stereotype to a
"T", even had a gun rack.

When I came out of the parts place, there were the owner of said
behemoth and his girlfriend (wife?  Do they allow them to marry?).  As I
walked past, I heard the following conversation:

He: Looka here.  What kinda man would drive a silly littl' car like
that?
She: (slugging him on the arm) Shut up, Billy.  I think it's cuuute!

I just smiled, tipped my cap to the lady, got in and drove off.  (Yes I
literally mean cap, a proper British cap that I throw on sometimes when
the mood strikes.)

Looking in my rear view mirror, she was waving.  He was standing there,
realizing that he'd just been slammed, but not quite sure how.

Chris K.