new to list

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: new to list
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 18:38:49 -0700
Wow this is great. Finally somewhere I can get some answers from. I was
beginning to think I was the only one who loved these little British
Cars.  Well first off I purchased a 1969 Sprite Mk IV (for $25) and
brought it home. I fell in love with the car the minute I saw it. Well
the previous owner said it didnt run. And the interior is shot. But when
I got home I started looking over the car and discovered that one of the
starter wires had frayed apart, so I quickly soldered it together to see
if it would work and fired the car up. Seems to run Ok. (a big plus for
me). I took it on a couple of short drives arround the corner and it
seems to run smooth and is real peppy. Although it does smoke some. Well
I decided to completly redo the car so I have spent the last several
months tearing the car apart (I work on it only about one day a week). I
have removed everything that can be removed from the car and now I am
going to start cleaning and rebuilding everything as I put it back
together. Now comes the part I need help with. Is there a book or some
kind of brochure or something that will give me some pictures of what
the interior of my car should look like? My interior was so bad that I
cannot go by it. I dont know if everything was there or not so any pics
would be helpful. Also is there somewhere I can get a new wireing
harness for the car or do I need to make my own? Thanks for any info any
of you can give.

Mark Perry
69'  Sprite Mk IV (in progress)
89'  GMC Jimmy 4X4