Sprite will not idle

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sprite will not idle
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 09:03:58 +0200 teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f55746i16401
Good Morning Listers,

1/ Progress...  installed new carb jets and gasket on cylinder block side
plate.  Attempted to spray bonnet and driver's door - not as easy as I had
expected !

Initial impression is that this the oil leak from the side of the engine and
extreme rich running are improved.

Problem - the car will still not idle.  I start it up on full choke & the revs
rocket immediately. If attempt to start it with less than full choke then
nothing much happens. When started, I push the choke in but apply more throttle
and the engine dies quickly.  Any suggestions ?

2/ FYI I went to the autojumble in Tatton Park, Knutsford, UK on Sunday.
Fantastic !  Lots of old bits and cheap too !
I picked up a speedo for #15.  Tested it with my electric drill at home and it
seems to work fine.

Thanks,

 Louis Mehr
 Manchester, England
 1971 AH Sprite - "always one Moss bag of bits away from starting."