Re: Stupid e-mail stuff. (No real LBC)

To: DLancer7676@cs.com, Daniel1312@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stupid e-mail stuff. (No real LBC)
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 11:02:12 EDT
In a message dated 6/6/01 10:35:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
DLancer7676@cs.com writes:

> The jokes are great, Daniel, along with the tech stuff.  The list is not for
> the thin skinned.  I have remarked many times that there are those who
> enjoy the camaraderie and the humanity of the list, and there are others
> who would do as well with a tech manual.  Complainers should do the tech
> manual.  I like the personal touch this list has where we can veer off the
> central topic (LBCs) every now and then.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And if you really want to feel the personal connection in this community, get
together with a bunch of listers.  It doesn't matter where...a car show, a
rally, an autojumble, dinner and beer at a restaurant, in Latrobe, PA to fix
a car...just do it.  I'm sure there are some listers and lurkers here who
have never met another lister face to face.  It's amazing that you can feel
like old friends, the very first time you meet.

If you stay on the list for a few months, you start to get to know everybody.
 (Except the lurkers!)  I guess David is right, we get off topic sometimes
(Well, we get ON topic sometimes!) but if you get together with a buncha
people who have a common interest, the conversation always drifts.  That's
what keeps us together.

Shucks, I'm gettin' all misty!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward