Back for now

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Back for now
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 12:14:15 -0400
Spridgeteers!

I am back after a long spell of (yuck!) real work. I've been
sporadically lurking, though. What happened to the archives? They
seem to stop at August 2000. Apologies if this had been hashed over.

The Sprite is still running, use it everyday, yadda, yadda, but have
not taken it on the highway in a while due to a bad vibration that
should be solved with a switch to steel wheels. Soon, soon...

One recent problem - valve clatter seems to have become much louder
in the last month. The valve lash is correct. Could this be
collapsing lifters (tappets)? They are new with the rebuild. Has
anyone come across a bad batch?

Hope all has been well in Spridgetdom; it's good to be back.

Jeff

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision
<http://www.molvis.org/molvis>
<mailto: jboatri@emory.edu>